Here we are again at the start of a new and exciting year with 366 blank pages (2016 being a leap year) to fill with hopes, dreams & desires. All the things you want to achieve to find happiness in life. I believe in being more focused than just coming up with the same resolutions year in year out which, let’s face it, don’t last much beyond February…..if you’re lucky. In order to live an enriched life I believe the following will help develop you and your perfect life.
12 Life Lessons for Finding Happiness in Life
- Set goals – these can be career, health, or relationship related, but in order to achieve a satisfactory outcome they need to be SMART. This ensures they are targeted and will make a change to your life.
- Practice self love – wanting some time to yourself is not being selfish it’s an act of self love and respecting your own self worth. Taking quality time and putting you at the centre of your life will enrich your life and those around you.
- Cherish precious moments – our being is governed by the passing of time and as an adult time passes with the blink of an eye. Make time for the things and people who make you happy and enjoy the precious moments.
- Be more spontaneous – we don’t always need a plan, sometimes it’s much more exciting to breathe, let go and see what happens. Try these 7 ideas for being more spontaneous and see how it makes you feel.
- Target how you use your time – if you feel like you need to have more time in your day to fit everything in, with a few little tweaks you’ll be able to add a few more hours to your day.
- Live in the moment – it’s all to easy to be glued to our smart phones or tablets and not actually be listening or enjoying the people you are with. Learn to be present and live in the moment so that you can be a part of what is happening in front of you.
- Sparkle – just like diamonds each and everyone of us are precious and deserve to sparkle. Always find time to do the things that make you feel alive.
- Re-energise your routine – it’s easy to fall into habits which over time becomes a routine. It’s time to re-energise your life and start having fun again.
- Get a good balance – we have to balance so much in our lives that sometimes it all becomes a bit too much. Obtaining a balanced life is about recognising what to hold on to and what to let go of.
- Feel good on the inside – don’t waste time on people or things who don’t make you happy and erode your confidence. You hold the key to your inner confidence and it’s time to feel comfortable in your own skin.
- Closet confidential – I believe that if you feel comfortable in your clothes you will projecting an overall confidence. Creating a style uniform will make you feel confident in anything you wear and develop a signature style.
- Cherish love – love is a gift which should be cherished every single day. The best kind of love is one given by those who support you and love you for being you.
Where will you find your happiness this year?