How was it for me?
What an exciting year 2012 has been, even though it has whizzed by. It’s been my first full year on Glamour in the County and I’ve had some wonderful opportunities and also met lots of lovely people along the way. At times it has been rather hectic juggling a full-time job and a busy blog diary, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog this year, here are some of my highlights:
- I launched my new feature Lula Belle Meets where I am championing independent businesses. It has been wonderful meeting so many inspirational people and hearing the stories behind their successful businesses.
- I’m becoming an afternoon tea connoisseur – my favourites were the athenaeum, The Dorchester and Hotel La Tour.
- By attending workshops I’ve learnt how to make proper bread on what must have been the hottest day. Plus I’ve learnt how to decorate cupcakes and have since brought the equipment to start producing my own signature range.
- It’s been lovely to continue to explore the Cotswolds, which is one of my favourite places.
- I took part in a charity 5k run which was a big achievement for me.
- It was a pleasure to support Warwick in its Portas Pilot bid as well as support the launch of Love Warwick.
- I had the most amazing holiday in America, visiting Washington D.C., NYC and Boston. I visited and experienced many of the things I have always wanted to do. It was the most perfect holiday. I’ve still to write up my adventures in Boston, which will help brighten the late winter months.
- I visited Kent for the first time and absolutely loved it – I can’t wait to go back. Having seen the county on so many house hunting programmes I jumped at the opportunity to visit. I was blessed with the most amazing warm sunny weather which meant I could explore many of the towns.
- Hearing about the Clandestine Cake Club fuelled my passion for baking again and it’s been great meeting new people who also share the joy of baking. I’m looking forward to experimenting more next year.
- I attended my first literary salon and had the most wonderful evening learning about Garbrielle Channel from Lisa Chaney.
- Continuing my support of independent businesses I was pleased to support Handmade Boutique, a pop up shop in Birmingham’s Mailbox.
- My love for stately homes & gardens has been fed with visits to a number of National Trust properties.
I have some wonderful plans for 2013. There will be a new feature which I’ll announce later in January and I’m also looking to grow the blog further.
Roll on 2013……it’s going to be another big year!
Lula Belle x